A Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm) is an undergraduate academic degree in the field of pharmacy. The degree is the basic prerequisite for registration to practice as a pharmacist in India and its about understanding the properties and impacts of medicines and developing the skills required to counsel patients about their use.
Colleges imparting pharmaceutical education (D.Pharm, B.Pharm, M.Pharm or Pharm D) must be approved by Pharmacy Council Of India, New Delhi (PCI).
A pass in 10+2 examination or equivalent examination (with English, Physics and Chemistry subjects along with Biology and/ or Mathematics in 10+2 examination or an equivalent examination)
Total Number of Seat – 60
Admissions are based on the guidelines of the university (RUHS) and are done in two modes:
- Through the entrance test conducted by the Rajasthan University of health sciences, Jaipur (RCA).
- Directly on vacant seats or through management quota based on merit in 10+2 examination.
The 4 years B.Pharm. Curriculum is prescribed by PCI and has been divided into 8 semesters and it includes lectures, tutorials, practicals, seminars and projects etc. in addition to industrial training and educational tour etc. as defined in the schemes of instructions and examinations and executive instructions issued by the University (RUHS) from time to time. The curriculum will also include other curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular activities as prescribed by the University from time to time.
PLACEMENT & INTERNSHIP
Biyani Group of Colleges provides full placement support to its students in all of its areas of professional education – Technology, Management, Law, Nursing, Education, Pharmacy and Life Sciences. The underlying objective is to create and transfer knowledge for the welfare of the society. Some of our premium recruiters are: Nestle, Dr. Reddy’s, Alembic Pharmaceuticals, Dabur, Troika, Glaxosmithkline, Aimil Pharmaceuticals, Glenmark, Alkem Laboratories.
Academic Alliance between Biyani Group of Colleges and JAPAN.
The B.Pharm is one of the popular job oriented course among the science students after class 12th. This course provides a large number of job opportunities in both the public and private sector.
- There are various career options available for the science students after the completion of B.Pharm degree.
- The students can go for higher studies in the Pharmacy i.e. Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm).
- This field is one of the evergreen fields in the medical sector, with the increasing demand of Pharma professional every year.
- After the completion of the course the students can work as a:
- CHEMICAL/DRUG TECHNICIAN
- BIO-TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRIES
- DRUG THERAPIST
- DRUG ANALYST
- DRUG INSPECTOR
- HOSPITAL DRUG COORDINATOR
- HEALTH INSPECTOR
- PATHOLOGICAL LAB
- RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
- MAKING PRESCRIPTION TO PATIENTS
- RESEARCH OFFICER
B.Pharma Lateral Entry (To Third Semester)
D.Pharm (Diploma of Pharmacy) holders are eligible for admission into B.Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy) into the second year directly via Lateral entry in India. A pass in D. Pharm. course from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India under section 12 of the Pharmacy Act.
Course Syllabus as per RUHS : Download Here